Friday, July 8, 2022

CLINIC DIARY - Two months course related to OCD

 

The weekly writing may somehow doesn´t quite work 😅 Sry for that 😅

Actually, I wanted to report every week how things are going, whether the treatment is progressing, etc. Just like a little diary about my life with OCD.

Unfortunately, sometimes you take a step back instead of a step forward and that's how it is with me at the moment, the treatment is not making any progress but stagnating, which, as I'm sure you can sympathize with, has made me very sad and also desperate, especially when I've heard about the progress of the others. For me it is a two-sided coin, on the one hand I´m very happy to see the progress the others have made and how much better they are now, but on the other hand it makes me sad that I can´t report any progress or only very small progress. Probably some of you will think that even small progress is good and a success and you are absolutely right. This is a construction site of mine, which certainly has a lot to do with my past, where nothing was good enough. I must learn to see even small progress or success as such.

I now have had a course for 2 months, or 9 weeks to be more specific, that was specifically focused on OCD. In addition to individual therapy, we also had group therapys that focused on the OCD as well as on relaxation and mindfulness. Relaxing and being mindful of yourself is something that many have forgotten, but which is so important for both mental and physical health and your own well-being. I also have to learn to pay more attention to myself again and to deal with myself more lovingly.

Please excuse if the post is a little chaotic, I'm trying to somehow accommodate everything that has happened 😅

I'm actually trying to write a kind of diary every week from now on, a weekly report if you will 😊 so I can share more of my life with you, that's what I actually made the blog for, so, look forward to new posts, until then, kisses and see you soon 😊 #staypositive

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might interested in

My decision for deep brain stimulation

As you know by now, unfortunately I have been suffering from OCD for almost 8 years now, which unfortunately is getting worse and worse in...

most liked posts