Sunday, August 14, 2022

CLINIC DIARY - Weekly Post 3#

 

Now it's that time again, a new weekly review is coming :)

I have now decided to post this always on Sunday. This week was actually little spectacular I must say. I had another office appointment, which was yet again quite an overcoming and I had to be scrupulously careful again not to touch anything. My OCD itself is somehow worse again, which frustrates me very much and I'm sitting on hot coals, because of the doctor's appointment, which I have on 09.09.22.

Despite the fact that I speak so openly about my OCD, this is still afflicted by shame in some situations and so I don´t dare at the moment, although the OCD is getting worse again, to call the clinic again. It somehow feels like failure, and surely some people with psychological problems can understand that, when I've just been discharged for a week and can't get it together again. Somewhere I know that this is not true, that this is not a failure, but it is somehow a double-edged sword for me.

I´ve made a no-bake cake this week, despite the current situation. You can find the recipe here, on my food blog (in german)

But now I need your help, I would like to do a Q&A on the topic of OCD and I would like to know what you are interested in, what questions do you have, what do you want to know?

Btw, on the subject of OCD and deep brain stimulation, there are 3 very nice videos from the Youtube channel "Die Frage". Here, an OCD patient was accompanied for a longer time on her way up to her surgery and the first activation of the pacemaker. It is also explained very well what deep brain stimulation actually is. You can find the videos below. -> The Videos are in german.





No comments:

Post a Comment

You might interested in

My decision for deep brain stimulation

As you know by now, unfortunately I have been suffering from OCD for almost 8 years now, which unfortunately is getting worse and worse in...

most liked posts